Doors and Porch Lamps, Junk or not

I'm redoing my entrance way, it was built wrong and I'm doing a good bit of work. I've redone the foundation and replaced the lower tiers of siding with hardie plank.
I'm a sucker for buying discounted merchandise and my last trip to the Borg I bought a Jeld Wen steel door with a 3/4 oval light, something like this (but different glass) ($98, discontinued design, but energy star):
http://www.homedepot.com/Doors-Windows-Doors-Entry-Doors/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xg1Zasim/R-202036402/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId051&catalogId053
I'll need some new porch lamps to better match and am looking at this:
http://www.homedepot.com/Lighting-Fans-Outdoor-Lighting-Outdoor-Wall-Lighting/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xg1Zbvmm/R-202064739/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId051&catalogId053
The Despot doesn't care whether they sell junk or not as long they make a profit.
Is this stuff junk, or will it have a reasonable service life. Any experience?
Jeff

I've used Jeld-Wen windows, and their product is excellent. Customer service people are top rank as well. They are one of the major companies in the window/door business. They're door product IMO is likely to be quite good as well. Seems to me you got a very good buy.
Joe

http://www.homedepot.com/Doors-Windows-Doors-Entry-Doors/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xg1Zasim/R-202036402/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId051&catalogId053
http://www.homedepot.com/Lighting-Fans-Outdoor-Lighting-Outdoor-Wall-Lighting/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xg1Zbvmm/R-202064739/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId051&catalogId053
In general, I don't have a problem with most HD fixtures. They just buy the more standard styles, and the quality is OK for what they are. I don't particularly like the fixture you've chosen though. The fixture canopy doesn't fit well on many siding types and the weight of the fixture is mostly above the canopy, which gives it the tendency to pull away from the wall, especially with the lightweight fixture bracket that they supply.

*I've noticed that many of my customers are switching to open bottom type outdoor fixtures because it is easier to change the bulb and dead bugs don't accumulate.

I hear that John, whenever possible, I recommend open bottoms, especially with cast aluminum fixtures, it only takes a little oxidation and the screws holding the covers on are toast. The only downside for open bottom fixtures is that they're a favorite for paper wasps
On 12/26/2010 2:50 PM, RBM wrote:

OK. I'll bear that in mind.

That makes sense. The fixture I have now has the glass removed, just because of that.

Wonder if a little dialectric grease would work.
The only downside for open bottom fixtures

Never seen a paper wasp nest here in Atlanta, don't know why.
Jeff