Door problem

We have a couple of doors that we would often like to keep in an almost closed position but they insist on slowly swinging back to half open. The hinges seem to be set straight and the door frame seems to be plumb.
Anyone know the likely cause of this problem? And how to correct it. A door stop can't be used.

The door is not plumb. With a level on top of the door, check it in various positions. Remove the middle hinge pin and bend it slightly.