Door Catch Jig?

There are lots of door lock jigs out there, but I can't seem to find any door catch jigs for the jam. Anybody know of such an animal?

Reply to
Mike Dobony

Mike,

I have one that came in a door hanging kit manufactured by Empire tools out of Wisconsin. I bought the kit years ago at HD on clearance for $40.00 and have used it to hang 30 - 40 doors. The original price for the whole kit was only $75.00 or less. You might contact Empire and see if you can get one. The kit had the jigs for routering the hinges, backsets, and striker plates. Let me know if you do get one. I would like another one for back up.

Reply to
CM

Can't find that, but I did find something else from Porter Cable at

Porter-Cable 59375 Strike and Latch Template. Dewalt has a very nice door lockset jig for about $25 at Home Depot or Lowes. The Irwin brand also has a sort of mortising jig for the outline of the door plate. Your info helped me redo my search to find this. Thanks! Ordering tonight!

Reply to
Mike Dobony

Mike,

I would be very interested in what you end up with and how well it works.

Thanks,

CM

Helps if you call it a "strike plate" instead of catch. It's a "jamb" not a jam.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon