Don't DIY

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home_journal/how_to/4269228.html?page=1
reminds me of time I sheared fitting on a Saturday afternoon in house without shutoff valves under sink. I scurried around and almost had to hire plumber but found hardware store with proper replacement.

I hate articles like that. They just try to scare people from doing things anyone can figure out if they do their research.

Let's see. No electrical, no plumbing, no roofing... What's left? Maybe rake leaves? But ya never know when you might scratch yourself or piss-off some treacherous bug.
Then there was the link to SPECIAL REPORT: 25 Skills Every Man Should Know. I looked at the titles. What lame shit to print. They were really hard up to get some fillers to get to print. If I had bought that magazine and articles like that were what it contained, I would consider it a ripoff. I mean people really need to be informed they should know how to read a map or paint a room?