Does Australia have similar cellphone "related" accident rates as the United States

Page 3 of 6
On Sun, 16 Oct 2016 21:58:08 -0400, tlvp wrote:

The methods used by the NHTSA were described in the reference, and they listed the many limitations, so, I refer you back to the paper for that answer.
Your question brings up a *major* point, which is that people don't understand the references.
They jump to wild and fantastic fabrications as to what the references actually proved, and how they proved it.
That is, I suspect, one of the major components of the easily disproven yet still immensely common myth that cellphone use "causes" appreciable accidents in the real world (in the US and Australia).

Yep, you clearly don’t.

Yep, you did just that. That one was JUST about what happens with CARS STOPPED AT THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS, and you stupidly made all sorts of wild claims that it said anything useful about what drivers do with the cellphones WHILE DRIVING AT SPEED.

How odd that you haven't managed to do anything of the sort.
Even that reference you stupidly posted actually proves that fuck all are actually stupid enough to use a cellphone while DRIVING AT SPEED since it must be only a small percentage of those who have been observed to use the cellphone WHEN STOPPED AT TRAFFIC LIGHTS etc, and even if say 10% of those do have an accident as a result of that stupidity, that would mean that less than 1% of drivers would have an accident due to the use of a cellphone WHILE DRIVING AT SPEED and that is such a small number that that would be completely invisible in the total accident stats in the USA.

It isnt a myth, it’s a fact with a number accidents PROVEN to have been caused by the use of a cellphone WHILE DRIVING AT SPEED.

We know that that has happened from the accident investigation, you silly little pathological liar/pathetic excuse for a lying troll.

By using siri and the other equivalents on androids.

The other hand. Did it myself on saturday when the neckband headset stopped working because it wouldn't charge.
On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 14:03:38 +1100, Rod Speed wrote:

What "other hand"? The left one is holding the device; the right one is keying in characters (or maybe it's the other way around); what "other" hand remains free to steer with? -- Oh, right: the back-seat driver's :-) . Give us a break, woodja? Thanks. -- tlvp

one-handed use or just speak what needs to be typed.

Knees! Knees! Doesn't everybody steer with their knees? Hell! I have seen a cop in a cruiser with his cell phone held to his right ear with his left hand while he was taking notes with his right. All while his car was in motion.
I can only assume he was steering with his knees, that or he had some auto-pilot prototype police cruiser attached to his butt.
--
Regards,

Savageduck
On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 18:28:51 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

Must have been a K-9 unit, with his 4-footed friend steering from between his shins :-) . Cheers, -- tlvp

I send messages on my phone without touching it every single day.
--
From deep inside the tears that I'm forced to cry From deep inside the
pain I--I chose to hide

With the phone plugged in for a recharge in your ,SIRI can be contacted by voice and she will both send and read messages for you. I did this with my 6 today and could hear and be heard on it, lying on the seat next to me.

You don't have to have the phone plugged in for a recharge with the 6S and 7

now, but I don't have a 6S or a 7.

On Sun, 16 Oct 2016 08:22:14 +1100, Rod Speed wrote:

Yet the state of California makes over 10 billion dollars alone over ten years, just from the single cellphone use ticket (nominally $20 for a first offense, which is the lowest fine in the entire country of the states that have the laws).
New Jersey makes half of what California makes.
Alaska charges $10,000 per ticket! (<==== that's crazy!)

Yes, that is indeed fuck all, as I said.

BULLSHIT.

Not as crazy as you.
On Sun, 16 Oct 2016 14:58:47 +1100, Rod Speed wrote:

You always call bullshit facts you don't like. That simply proves (again) you're (just) an idiot.
Your opinion is utterly worthless.
You could at least look it my fact before claiming it was bullshit. Google: "Alaska ticket cellphone 10,000"
I didn't even mention the additional penalty of a year in jail, you fool.
REF: It's A $10,000 Fine For Texting While Driving In Alaska http://gizmodo.com/a-state-by-state-map-of-the-penalties-for-texting-while-1452060085/1452086398 Texting While Driving Can Cost You $10,000 & 1 Year in Jail http://www.techlicious.com/blog/texting-while-driving-can-cost-you-10000-and-1-year-in-jail/
On 10/15/2016 11:58 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

http://www.dps.state.ak.us/AST/ABHP/hwysafety.aspx Alaska Texting While Driving Penalties
Text and drive only    Class A Misdemeanor    up to $10,000 and 1 year in prison
Injure someone    Class C Felony    up to $50,000 and 5 years in prison
Seriously injure someone    Class B Felony    up to $100,000 and 10 years in prison
Kill someone    Class A Felony    up to $250,000 and 20 years in prison
On Sun, 16 Oct 2016 00:49:40 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Thanks Ed, for that cite. Rod Speed, if he's true to form, will come up with some way of telling you that it's bullshit, a lie, or a troll.
Basically, he's wedded to his intuition, which, to him, says a cellphone ticket can't be 10,000 dollars, so, if you actually show it to him, he will likely never believe you anyway.
What he comes up with is all sorts of fantastic fabrications (hence my aliens manipulated the figures analogy and the WWII bomber found on moon example) to account for the fact that he still likely won't believe your facts.
There are two kinds of people at least: a. Those, like me, who are wedded to facts, not opinions, but who can change their ideas when shown the facts, and, b. Those, like Rod Speed, who are wedded to his own opinions, and who will likely never change his mind, facts to the contrary be damned.
Just you wait and see...
Note: A key question is how do you intelligently deal with such people?
On 16/10/2016 07:21, Algeria Horan wrote:

A very good question, I can't think of a way either. James Wilkinson fits into that same categorically as well.

You ignore them.

Ostrich!
--
I like bagpipes. I also like violins when played with a hammer.

Algeria Horan wrote:

In reality I doubt that figure is ever applied although they sound tough.