Do you know what a telephone is for?

I know how to properly delimit a signature.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I miss having a mobile phone that's actually a phone, not a wireless Intern= et appliance that also pretends to make phone calls. You know: something wi= th good call quality, something that can take a bit of a beating when I go = on a hike, something that doesn't weigh close to a pound (a 1/2 kilo to the= rest of the world) something small enough to slip in my pocket.

And something that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to use. My God, do you = know what my wife's aunt in Indonesia paid for cell phone airtime? Eight ru= pia a minute. There are 9,000 rupia to a US dollar=97that's 9/100ths of a C= ENT per minute, $0.0009. Here in the States I pay 13=A2 a minute, and the c= overage is crappier here than it was in the volcanic region of Central Java= .

Gaah, I hate what the wireless carriers do to us. I want to go home, get a = pair of pliers and a blowtorch and get medieval on someone's a--=85

Reply to
Kyle

There is an inexpensive flip phone that is usually sold at hearing aid stores I've also seen ads for it in the weekend newspaper ads pile It's just a phone, doesn't even have text messaging. Although I now text almost as often as I call, since it's quite convenient. It's called a Jitterbug (there may be other plans even less expensive)

Reply to
Atila Iskander

Let me guess..... workers in that country get paid 100 rupia an hour?

.

And something that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to use. My God, do you know what my wife's aunt in Indonesia paid for cell phone airtime? Eight rupia a minute. There are 9,000 rupia to a US dollar?that's 9/100ths of a CENT per minute, $0.0009. Here in the States I pay 13¢ a minute, and the coverage is crappier here than it was in the volcanic region of Central Java.

Gaah, I hate what the wireless carriers do to us. I want to go home, get a pair of pliers and a blowtorch and get medieval on someone's a--?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

appliance that also pretends to make phone calls. You know: something with good call quality, something that can take a bit of a beating when I go on a hike, something that doesn't weigh close to a pound (a 1/2 kilo to the rest of the world)

Wow! You Europeons really gotta get with technology. A cell phone that weighs a *pound*?

what my wife's aunt in Indonesia paid for cell phone airtime? Eight rupia a minute. There are 9,000 rupia to a US dollar?that's 9/100ths of a CENT per minute, $0.0009. Here in the States I pay 13¢ a minute, and the coverage is crappier here than it was in the volcanic region of Central Java.

If you don't want all of the features, don't pay for them. Geez. How hard is that?

of pliers and a blowtorch and get medieval on someone's a--?

If you don't like a service, don't. It really is that simple. Stop whining.

Reply to
krw

Mine does a great job at macro photography, too. I've been using it to document changes to circuit boards with some fairly small features and components. Works great.

Reply to
krw

You snipped the relevant part of the post that Stormin responded to.

Even though I'm the one who did it (quite often) I won't argue that "faking" a collect call to convey a message is stealing to a certain extent. Since these types of call were operator assisted, we were indeed using the services of the phone company and the operator to convey a message without paying for it.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Sorry, missed the "operator assisted" part.

Reply to
G. Morgan