Do you know what a telephone is for?

Page 2 of 2

Translation:
Lookee me! I know everythng, except which group to post to.
nb
--
"Do you recognize me? No!
...cuz I don't work here"
notbob wrote:

I know how to properly delimit a signature.
--

like this, bozo

snipped-for-privacy@thecave.com wrote:

Lol... It means the cameras on phones are just as good or better than a stand-alone camera. No longer do you need a still camera, camcorder, voice recorder, calculator, etc... because it's all on modern phones now. Multiple device integration, gotta love it (or hate it).
All those specs were in the metadata of a photo I took, I'm not a camera expert. I just know it takes fantastic pictures. <g>

Mine does a great job at macro photography, too. I've been using it to document changes to circuit boards with some fairly small features and components. Works great.
On Tuesday, August 7, 2012 4:56:28 AM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:

I miss having a mobile phone that's actually a phone, not a wireless Internet appliance that also pretends to make phone calls. You know: something with good call quality, something that can take a bit of a beating when I go on a hike, something that doesn't weigh close to a pound (a 1/2 kilo to the rest of the world) something small enough to slip in my pocket.
And something that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to use. My God, do you know what my wife's aunt in Indonesia paid for cell phone airtime? Eight rupia a minute. There are 9,000 rupia to a US dollarthat's 9/100ths of a CENT per minute, $0.0009. Here in the States I pay 13 a minute, and the coverage is crappier here than it was in the volcanic region of Central Java.
Gaah, I hate what the wireless carriers do to us. I want to go home, get a pair of pliers and a blowtorch and get medieval on someone's a--

There is an inexpensive flip phone that is usually sold at hearing aid stores I've also seen ads for it in the weekend newspaper ads pile It's just a phone, doesn't even have text messaging. Although I now text almost as often as I call, since it's quite convenient. It's called a Jitterbug <http://www.jitterbugdirect.com/ (there may be other plans even less expensive)
Let me guess..... workers in that country get paid 100 rupia an hour?
And something that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to use. My God, do you know what my wife's aunt in Indonesia paid for cell phone airtime? Eight rupia a minute. There are 9,000 rupia to a US dollarthat's 9/100ths of a CENT per minute, $0.0009. Here in the States I pay 13 a minute, and the coverage is crappier here than it was in the volcanic region of Central Java.
Gaah, I hate what the wireless carriers do to us. I want to go home, get a pair of pliers and a blowtorch and get medieval on someone's a--

appliance that also pretends to make phone calls. You know: something with good call quality, something that can take a bit of a beating when I go on a hike, something that doesn't weigh close to a pound (a 1/2 kilo to the rest of the world)

Wow! You Europeons really gotta get with technology. A cell phone that weighs a *pound*?

what my wife's aunt in Indonesia paid for cell phone airtime? Eight rupia a minute. There are 9,000 rupia to a US dollarthat's 9/100ths of a CENT per minute, $0.0009. Here in the States I pay 13 a minute, and the coverage is crappier here than it was in the volcanic region of Central Java.
If you don't want all of the features, don't pay for them. Geez. How hard is that?

If you don't like a service, don't. It really is that simple. Stop whining.