Do USA repair their garbage trucks?

Out of curiosity... Aren't these trucks all bio-hazards?
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
On 9/14/2016 9:57 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

Why? Nothing but trash and rotting food waste, not a bio hazard.
On 14/09/16 22:13, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

There so many dangerous chemicals, bacteria and virus in trash trucks... you don't just crawl under them, do you?
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
On 14/09/16 22:13, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

And there is the mechanics...
Garbage truck driver crushed while working to repair brakes http://triblive.com/state/pennsylvania/10821330-74/truck-bethlehem-crushed
Sanitation worker killed after garbage truck backs into him http://www.postandcourier.com/20160705/160709700/sanitation-worker-killed-after-garbage-truck-backs-into-him
And other records: https://www.google.com.hk/search?q=garbage+truck+repair+accident&client=firefox-b&biw 98&biht7&ei=Ml3ZV_GoAsSz0AToxJqwDQ&start&sa=N
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
On Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 10:13:41 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Really? Just trash and rotting food waste? No needles, saturated diapers, prescription medicines, etc?
Are you comfortable that all of these rules are being followed by all residences and businesses?
https://public.health.oregon.gov/DiseasesConditions/CommunicableDisease/Pages/InfectiousWasteFAQ.aspx
On 9/14/2016 10:39 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

All contained in a steel box. When is the last time you had a truck lose a diaper and it hit you or your car?

I'm not worried.
Are diapers soiled with urine or feces considered "infectious waste"?
No.
Do linens soiled with blood or body fluids need to be treated as infectious waste?
No. Linens are reused and therefore do not enter the waste stream. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Although soiled linen may harbor large numbers of pathogenic microorganisms, the risk of actual disease transmission from soiled linen is negligible…common-sense hygienic practices for processing and storage of linen are recommended." (From www.cdc.gov/HAI/prevent/laundry.html):
On 09/14/2016 12:56 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Well, Uuuhh, let me see ... I AIN'T SAYIN' !!!!
I have to mainly avoid stepping in dog s---- all over my sidewalks. (One of my neighbors has taught his dog to walk and s---. Makes a mess out of the mailbox clusters.)
I have seen trash trucks "leak". Hopefully it was water on the outside from rain or washing. Okay, "let's say" that was what it was.

Why lock the prison compactors? That criminal got what he deserved... he tried to escape and he got what he deserved. Think of all the money society saved. Then some bleeding heart pisses a lot of it away on locks.

On 9/14/2016 6:57 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

What do they do in HK?
On 09/14/2016 07:31 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

1+
On 09/14/2016 01:42 PM, T wrote:

Guess he was only trying to make fun of us.
Mr. Man-wai Chang posted for all of us...

I know we hated to go out for a vehicle fire in one. It all ended being dumped out and hosed down. Yummy. The company was responsible to reload the truck. Any red bag or notable hazards got a call to communications for an environmental response. Took up a lot of volunteers time.
--
Tekkie