Do they make a fire-hose type of garden hose?

Do they make a fire-hose type of garden hose?
It seems to me that I've seen something like that advertised, but cant find it now.
I'm on a farm, and I have to fill water tanks for livestock in the winter. That means keeping hoses in the house, then dragging them outdoors to fill tanks, and as soon as they get cold, they get real stiff and are a big pain to use.
I completely gave up on all plastic hoses, which get VERY stiff, and bought expensive rubber hoses. They too get stiff, but not as badly. But they get heavy when I have to haul 2 or 3 fifty footers at once, and it's amazing how they manage to get stuck on clumps of ice or frozen snow, which quickly makes me cuss.
Hose reels are worthless in the cold. The hoses are just too stiff to wind up, and most of the time I'm too cold to screw around with a reel anyhow.
I know the real Fire Hoses are heavy, but they are 2 or 3 inch diameter hoses. I would think that a cloth covered 5/8" or 3/4" hose would be much lighter than solid rubber and would not get nearly as stiff. (And might even easily wind onto a reel).
Does anyone know where they sell these (If they do)?
Thanks
On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 6:08:56 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

A google search for "garden hose" quickly produced this:
http://www.improvementscatalog.com/imp/308699?cm_mmc=GooglePLA-_-GardenHo sesandSprinklers-_-2015-_-450809&mr:trackingCode94943D-486A-E311-944B- 001B21BCC0BC&mr:referralID=NA&mr:filter945125012&intlShippingCtx=U S%7CUSD&code-macs=MM5XW091&mr:adC916436652&mr:device=c&mr:match=& SourceCode=MM5XW091&mr:adType=plaonline&mr:keyword=&gclid=COvqwve-1 8MCFUHl7Aodf2QAhQ&redirect=y
That link probably wouldn't work, but google will.
On 2/10/2015 6:04 AM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

I had much the same thought, but different reasons. I wanted garden hose that stores in little space, so I could have some in the work van for cleaning HVAC units. Ace Hardware was able to order me two rolls of 50 foot (on plastic roll up holder) for about $35 per roll. This was several years ago, adjust for Obama Inflation, will be more than $35 now.
It has to be completely off the roll before turning the water on, and completely drained before rolling. Fortunatley, I used to be Fire Explorer, and used to be volunteer FF, so it's familiar behavior for me.
Some RV and camper places might have rolls flat hose.
Side note: I've seen expanding garden hose at Walgreens, and several online places. Amazon, Ebay. The reviews are that the hose lasts for about five uses, and then the hose bursts, leaving you without a hose. Some folks have taken the burst hose back five or more times and keep getting weakened hoses from the store.
On 02/10/2015 5:04 AM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote: ...

I've commented before but will again...you're looking for a solution to the wrong problem--the answer is to run water lines to one or a set of waterers instead.
I forget where you are located or if you've ever indicated but if you're interested, we've downsized/retired and I've several Ritchie waterers that I've decided may as well finally sell, keeping only one in the main lot and perhaps another in one of the cutting pens. That leaves three could part with. They're older but fully functional with only a replacement float probably required. They have 110V heaters so don't even have to break ice...

On 02/10/2015 09:46 AM, dpb wrote:

sheesh, just bring the animals into the house!