DO IT YOURSELF HYBRID KIT

Have you heard of these kits? I came across this when I saw the gas prices keep going up and not coming down.

Anyway, I saw the video and decided to let you see it to see if these things really work. Cars running on water? I don't know see for yourself.

I think we can scream all we want about HIGH gas prices, but it seems it's falling on deaf ears. I guess we have to take matters in our own hands.

Have Fun Drive Slow!

Reply to
ims

PT Barnum is in town. He knows where all the suckers are.

Reply to
sanity

Hucksters always proclaim to have bypassed the laws of chemistry and physics to gull the ignorant.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

That's right. Grab a shotgun and kill an oil company executive !!!

Reply to
slayer

Typical (stupid) response. Shoot it or nuke it!!!!!!

Having built our society on cheap (polluting) oil products we are now starting to encounter the era when the cost of that basic fuel is increasing due to the double whammy of both world wide demand and the falling value of the dollar in comparison to other currencies. Political pressure to reduce unnecessary taxes and oil company profits will be only one factor. We are also starting to encounter the effects of the inevitable pollution that using any mineral fuel causes.

After WWII the City of London had to start banning the use of coal; due to the severe 'Smogs' that affected health, communications and the effectiveness of that city as a place to live and work! It is now a much cleaner city. California also????

In less populated regions where fuel is already very expensive the alternatives are starting, very tentatively, to be looked at. For example in northern and sub-arctic regions to where the cost of transporting refined diesel is very expensive since it uses an increased cost of fuel for transportation, the idea of a transportable nuclear powered electrical generating station that can serve up to

7000 homes is being 'looked at'.

In regions where generous water power is available, hydro generation will be encouraged and will be comparatively more profitable than using oil products.

We waste a lot of energy; when energy cost triples or quadruples we will all be more enthusiastic to 'save a dollar' and avoid wasteful, uses, unnecessary driving and many convenience gadgets. Do I really need more than one bathroom, two TV sets, more than one gas consuming hog of a vehicle? Is my house well insulated and/or overheated against winter cold? That energy wasting Jacuzzi? Swimming pool in back yard needing cleaning and requiring pumps and chlorinators etc. using electricity? Etc.

Early industrial societies used energy, by burning some coal for blacksmithing, cooking, even steam engines etc. Also low level lighting using candles and small oil lamps etc. but the pollution imprint (now often referred to as the 'Human Carbon Footprint' etc. was much smaller than today.

And despite any jokes about Al Gore and his Nobel Award, the effects of pollution are very noticeable!

Our life style is inevitably going to cost more as we each consume a significant amount of the world's resources.

Maybe already too many billion of us on this one small planet? Maybe we humans have to downsize; in numbers and use of remaining resources and some of it won't be comfortable.

Anybody agree that the oil producing nations and companies are using up finite world resources, petroleum etc. for their own profit and not replacing any of it?

At least if we grow trees, or crops, it is to some extent replacing the wood or the food that is taken off the irreplaceable land! But if you burn up the oil etc. That's it; gone! For a few million years anyway.

Reply to
terry