Do I need a permit/inspection for any electrical work?

"TheNIGHTCRAWLER" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

Krackle krackle. Squalk. and insert blabbing horn sound of Charley Brown's teacher. Amature. Long way to go before you can catch up to the "ex" with slam comments.

No. I think the OP's Q was are you SUPPOSE to. If you actually do it, that is pretty lame.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Correct. A day late and dollar short but, correct.

The answer is NO.

Non sequitur.

Reply to
TheNIGHTCRAWLER

LOL, normally I'd let all these messages pass without a comment. But that was priceless.. Well said.

J. Clarke wrote:

Reply to
Justin West

[Sigh] Yeah. The Intarwebs are filled with NIGHTCRAWLER's type of arrogant, un-informed hostility. My guess is either like yours, or he's a 36 year old vo-tech who thinks he knows everything about home repair and construction...and has lots of white-man hostility about the liberals, the terrrrists and illegal immigrants, thinks Rush Limbaugh is always right, and is probably deeply confused by the fact there's more than one street named Peachtree in his city.

I have an image in my mind of him standing at a protest dressed in dirty shorts and a ratty t-shirt, holding a sign that says "Get a brain, morans [sic]!"

Usually I attempt to rise above such provocati> So if you're replacing a light switch or outlet, be DAMNED sure you

TheNIGHTCRAWLER responded:

139. Master's degree, Princeton. Have had successful careers in retail management, radio and television and now an ordained pastor and Finance Analyst at Johns Hopkins University.

While that doesn't qualify me to speak with authority on home repairs, perhaps having worked for a commercial construction company and having years of personal experience with carpentry, concrete work, roofing and general home remodeling (working for my father's remodeling company part time while at seminary) gives my statement some credence.

When I opined:

TheNIGHTCRAWLER tried with:

Please explain how what I said doesn't follow from the discussion. Or could it be that you, in your great wisdom and brilliance, do not know the meaning of the Latin "non sequitur"?

When I related:

TheNIGHTCRAWLER retorted:

Re-read what I said. "the previous owner's estate sold it". The owner had died and his legal estate was selling the home.

If you knew what you pretend to about real estate law, in many states an estate sale means that any home inspection is done for information purposes only, and the estate cannot be held liable to effect repairs of a non-structure-threatening nature. Of course, the buyer always has the option to withdraw the bid contingent upon the results of the inspection, but my wife and I didn't think reversed polarity was a serious enough defect in the house to warrant that.

TheNIGHTCRAWLER has asked:

And you, sir, have just proven yourself the idiot you accuse others of being. Anyone with a basic knowledge of home electrical wiring knows that while reversed polarity does not present a danger to most appliances, light fixtures, etc., some delicate electronics can sustain damage from reversed polarity, some surge suppressors may not protect equipment against power spikes, and some equipment may not stop when shut off or start as soon as plugged in. I don't know about you, but I kinda like the idea of not burning out the nice new computer I just built, or the TV, the DVD player, my PocketPC when it's recharging the battery, etc. Nor do I want appliances or tools not shutting off when I need them to. I want my electric done properly.

See OSHA's discussion of it here:

Since you've shown you have little understanding of basic electrical wiring, I'm gonna take a wild guess you failed out of that vo-tech school, yes? Is that why you're so angry and feel the need to insult everyone here?

Reply to
Kyle