Diswasher venting cap on sink is overflowing some water during d/w rinse cycle???

The venting cap on my kitchen sink is overflowing water when my dishwasher (GE Potscrubber) goes into the rinse cycle. I assume there's a partial obstruction somewher in the dishwasher hose. The garbage disposal drain unit seems to be draining okay. Where is the most likely obstruction problem??? Thanks for your help! Vic

Reply to
vic

It is not clear if this had worked properly or not? If you just installed the garbage disposal or dishwasher, did you knock out the plug in the disposal where the dishwasher hose connects??

Reply to
Ken

Ken, thanks for your help. To clarify further should have added...It worked great till last week, Dishwasher, garbage disposal plumbing are over ten years old. Vic

Reply to
vic

Pull off the hose between the air gap and disposer. Chances are it's clogged. Clean it out or replace it and you'll be in good shape.

Reply to
Bob

I second that. Very copmmon problem. It might just be the port on the side of the disposal plugged up.

Reply to
gfretwell

This problem arose at my son's house. We found that the cap on the top side of the sink could be unscrewed by hand. When that was done, we removed some shredded corn husks from the outlet toward the drain and everything was back to normal. Don't know if they're all built this way but you might want to check it out.

SJF

Reply to
SJF