Disposal of Old Hot Tub

Does anyone have any recommendations as to how I can dispose of an old hot tub. I have tried to cut it apart with a rotary zip saw but it is taking forever. Is there a better blade I can use vs. the masonary one that they suggest? I need to get rid of this beast!

Please email me directly if you can as well as post your response.

Thank you. Jim

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Jim

If its fiberglas, then it has glass fibers--very hard on most cutting tools.

A carbide tipped blade in a skil saw should hold up well and will be much faster.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

I took out a very large shower that was made of "cultured marble". A sledge hammer shattered it into managable chunks pretty easily. Safety glasses are recommended..

KB

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

A neighbor has one that was cut up in the bed of his pickup looks like he used a long sawzall blade

Wayne

Reply to
wayne

A recirpocating saw will take it apart, but wear dust mask. Most commercial refuse companies will haul it away for a fee.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran

Rent a SawzAll for a few hours. Most any blade that comes with it will make short work of the fiberglass. Cut it up in handy sized chunks and put it out with the trash. Remember that your refuse professionals are people too, and keep the total load in each container reasonable. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Don't know about hot tubs, but Dilbert put his busted computer in a school yard late at night.

He got the idea from his boss who said that's what HE did with an old refrigerator.

The last panel has Dilbert, in a ninja suit, putting his old computer atop a refrigerator lying on its side and muttering to Dogbert: "What's sad is I couldn't think of a better idea."

Reply to
JerryMouse

Recycle it... sink it in your yard for a garden pond. Add a small pump, maybe a water fall.... Ponds seem to be popular lately.

JerryMouse wrote:

Reply to
TP

Never send a boy to do a man's job.Rent or buy a SawzAll and you can have the thing sliced, diced and ready for the trash in under an hour. Most any SawzAll blade will go through fiberglass readily. You could do it with a sturdy saber (jig) saw, too. Whatever, make the pieces small enough so the your garbage professional can lift the container. They would appreciate it if you did the disposal over two or three weeks. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

I have gotten on good terms with my garbage men by giving them cold bottles of water and Gatorade. We have been doing a remodel, so have had lots of things to get rid of. I know they have saved me many a trip to the dump. Just Wednesday, they took a dead refrigerator. They have taken sheetrock, studs, cabinets, carpet, padding, lots of construction debris. Be nice to your garbage men. Break things down into manageable sized pieces. Give them some water now and again. Get out there and help them load. Haven't had to try it yet, but I think mine would haul off a body for me if I had it wrapped properly. Saves a trip to the desert. ;-)

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Reply to