Dishwasher smells, has liquid in bottom.

My friend's dishwasher doesn't smell so good. What's a good way to get rid of the smell.

It also always has some water in the bottom. Is that ok? It's a Nautilous model I think, but I keep forgetting the make. I can get the make if it is important.

Nautilous.

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

Hi,

Depends on why it is smelling. This a new problem, happening a while? Built in model, postable model, any plumbing changes lately?

DishwasherMagic: Specifically designed to clean dishwashers of lime scale, iron and soap scum buildup, safely and effectively.

Glisten Dishwasher Cleaner and Deodorizer - Get your dishwasher sparkling clean and lemon fresh. Removes built-up soap scum and discoloration due to iron and other water impurities. Also works great in washing machines, porcelain sinks and porcelain tubs. 3 ounce packet.

These may help.

Many dishwashers will have water visable in the bottom.

Some model# helps....

Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

sounds like maybe the drain is plugged

does the drain line run into a garbage disposal?

does the garbage disposal work if so?

Reply to
effi

also the drain pump could be going bad or clogged

Reply to
effi

It is normal to have some water at the bottom of the tub. All dishwashers do.

Walter The Happy Iconoclast

-
Reply to
Walter R.