Dishwasher - rusted inner door

Hi,

I have a 9 year old KitchenAid dishwasher that has a rusted "inner door". It appears that factory applied coating has fallen off and exposed metal has rusted.

I would appreciate any suggestions on a low cost fix for the problem.

Thanks

Reply to
Chambers

Hi,

How badly? Just a few spots, 1/4 of the door, 1/2 of the door??

If a lot of the finish has come off replace the inner door panal. If only has a few spots where the finish has come off cover the spots with an epoxy and then a touch up paint.

patch kit, white, repairs porcelain dishwasher tubs.

touch-up paint.

Or...

touch-up chips and cracks on your white appliances, tub or sink. A simple, two-step process.

Sand, clean the spots and cover them up. jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

First, check the warranty. I know the interior has a time much longer than the rest of the machine. The new stainless are warranted for life. You'd have to pay for labor anyway so it may not be worth it.

To fix it, remove the rust with sandpaper. Unless you do, it will continue. Then you can paint the spots with an epoxy paint. It will last a few years at best and have to be redone, but it will prevent further deterioration.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.