dishwasher overflow [sink] calking/sealer

what is the normal sink-top cauking used here? [the old broken dry caulking is off to the left]

and, what could I substitute here? maybe make a rubber gasket of some kind, underneath the white round nut? [it doesn't seem to need much of a seal]

thanks marc

Reply to
21blackswan

It looks like it was a gasket, I don't think they use caulk. The part you see doen't look so great, they don't cost much, maybe just replace the whole thing.....

Reply to
trader_4