Dishwasher Dorr Squeaks, Lubed, Squeaks Worse

DW door squeaked (more a binding squeak) on one side. Put WD40 in hinge area. Didn't help. Shot some WD40 & silicone on the rollers - both sides. Figured why not. Now both sides squeak...really bad. Apparently this is the rope binding on the rollers as the door goes up and down. Apparently, in this rare case, lubing actually makes it worse with plastic rollers on nylon rope.

Any suggestions at this point? Obviously rope now wet with lube. Could clean rollers somehow but rope will just put it back on I assume.

Of course there's the new rollers and rope approach. Would have to pull out whole damn dishwasher. Electrical and water supply only long enough to attach after DW just about all the way in. Compression fitting on supply.

Thanks, Al...

Reply to
Al Bundy

Others will probably point out ... WD40 is a water dispersant - not a lubricant. You need a high temp lithium for a quick and dirty lube or find something sold in your area that is compatable with plastic.

Bill

Reply to
Berkshire Bill

"Berkshire Bill" wrote in news:462527f4$0$9898$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Thanks for the reply Bill.

Too bad I didn't try the silicone spray first. Maybe more promising. Anyway, why "high temp" lithium? I think I have some spray lithium as well as some in a tub. Are you suggesting to put this on the part of the cord that rides the rollers?

BTW. I noticed one roller actually rolls. The second is fixed. Probably the fixed one making most of the racket.

Reply to
Al Bundy