Dishwasher and Garbage disposal on one circuit?

Page 2 of 2
On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 7:31:59 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

k of my mind it had to be direct wired, but not so.

on marked and it must be within view of the opening. I hope you remembered you need to turn this thing on and off, unlike a dishwasher that has its o wn controls.

I've never had a batch feed.
How does it work when you have to reach in and retrieve something? I feel pretty safe with the switch off on mine, not so sure I would depend on an a utomatic one not starting at the wrong time?
On 09/02/2016 07:46 AM, TimR wrote:

The thought of sticking my hand in a garbage disposer sends chills up my spine. I keep a pair of grabbers handy.
On Friday, September 2, 2016 at 8:09:26 AM UTC-4, Just Joe wrote:

There are some items that a grabber just can't grab. That pesky piece of skin up under the lip, for example, or that tiny piece of plastic from the bread wrapper that found it's way into the sink.
On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 05:33:11 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

As long as it is an option from the manufacturer, it is fine. There may be a question of listing if the cord is field installed and it is not the exact cord the appliance manufacturer uses but for all practical purposes, the code pretty much stops at the face of the receptacle.
In

Well, the deed is done. Both the dishwasher and the garbage disposal are installed and are working. Both are on the same 20-amp circuit using 12/2 wire. Both are plugged in to a duplex receptacle that is mounted under the sink. The receptacle is "split" where one side (the garbage disposal side) is controlled by a wall switch on the wall above the countertop near the sink. The other half of the receptacle is always hot -- not switch controlled -- and the dishwasher is plugged into that side.
The "garbage disposal" is an Insinkerator Badger 900 Food Waste Disposer. The dishwasher is a Whirlpool Model WDF320PADS1. The installation manuals for both state that they can be either direct wired or wired with a corded plug. We did the corded plug approach.
On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 3:52:24 PM UTC-4, TomR wrote:

K, go have a 6 pack now. Or are you like me and needed that while you did the job?