Dishwasher and dog

Page 2 of 2

Ewww, gross. Your problem is that you're not rinsing the dishes, not that your dishwasher is not performing properly.

What "gross"?
If I had a dishwasher that needed rinsed dishes I'd get a new one. My 2000-ish whirlpool isn't quite as 'hungry' as my 1970's Kenmore was- but I've seen it eat lots of solubles like mashed potatoes, squash, etc.
Jim [btw- also have a very 'sheddy' dog and never saw any dog hair in the dishwasher. And I wash his dishes in there.]

The trouble is dog hair is not soluble in water, or any common household chemical, for that matter. I would just rinse dishes that were around the dog to get any loose hair off before putting them in ths dishwasher. I don't see how hair could getinto the machine unless the dog crawls in at night to find a nice warm dark place to sleep.
Um, is the filter that's getting clogged something he could just take care of himself, say, weekly?
As for pre-rinsing the manual says nothing about that except if you don't plan to wash for a long time you should run a rinse cycle on the machine. All it says is:
"Remove leftover food, bones, toothpicks and other hard items from the dishes. Remove labels from containers before washing."
This is from this manual. Not the most expensive Maytag. http://www.maytag.com/assets/product/MDB6759AWS_Use%20and%20Care.pdf

...and that is done by PRE-RINSING the dishes off into the garbage disposal in most areas. Dog hair counts as a hard item.
bullshit. i've never (and will never) wash a dish before putting it in a dishwasher. If you're going to do that, you might just as well dry it and put it away.

I'm sure you tried this already, but I usually run the faucet till hot water comes out, then fire up the dishwasher. We have two shedding pooches, and haven't had a problem with our mid-level Maytag.

Pat, Pat, Pat. Do we gotta tell you everything? Stick your bald head in there. Close the door. Turn it on, but don't forget the soap and stuff to make the dishes shiny. Your head bald head will act like a magnet and take the hair out instantly.
Geez.
Steve
BTW, you only have one more chance to actually ask a relevant question, or I will personally stick you in MY dishwasher and leave you there.
Shave the dog.