dishwasher

i decided to clean my dishwasher with Jet Dry Dishwasher cleaner. made the unit leak. it is old (prob 7 years). it has been cleaning fine. should i get it repaired or get a new one?

Reply to
SeaKan

Is it a European upscale model in excellent condition? Fix it.

If it is a low-end model, replace it.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

If you paid less than $300 7 years ago, you got your money's worth. If you have an expensive premium dishwasher, its probably a damaged rubber seal or gasket (didn't say where the leak was) and worth fixing. Depends on your budget, fixing yourself will be far less than replacing. Calling a repairman may cost most of a cheap replacement

Reply to
PipeDown

Reply to
SeaKan

Just stay away from the 3 rack Maytag models. Read reviews at

I tossed mine after 4 repairs in 2 years. It is junk. A repair guy told me the newer ones are worse.

Reply to
Art

its a good thing most of you are not around when I cut loose cussing out the blankety blank blooming ^*&^*%$$^ idiot who dreams up plans for new models of appliances. Then we consumers have to suffer from their mistakes.

Reply to
Muvin Gruvin

The Maytag isn't a bad design (except for the fact that the middle rack in the lowered position bangs into the bottom rack when it is loaded with dishes). It suffers from poor quality components... garbage control boards and motor.

Reply to
Art