Direct Buy- is it a scam?

Page 2 of 2
On Sun, 07 May 2006 01:04:06 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Back in the UCC days, opinions were all over the map. Membership fee was extremely high, but on some big-ticket items good discounts could be found. Several years ago I had an acquaintance who was a member, and she didn't feel ripped off. You had to be in the market for a lot of furniture or jewelry, though, to make it worthwhile. The deal back then was that the product was delivered to UCC, and you had to get it from there to your house. Easy enough for a diamond bracelet, but a hassle for a king-size bedroom set. And since many consumer products are already heavily discounted in the internet age (electronics for example), the UCC model seems hardly worth the trouble most of the time. BTW I'm not a member, and have no intention of becoming one.

No ! It's a scam ! RUN ! Seriously, this is pure BS. Don't even go. Yes it's $4,000 or so and NO you cannot make that up through better deals on stuff.
I have a friend who had this and they are absolutely disgusted that they spent $3500 or whatever it was, and it's a pain in the a$$ to deal with. YMMV