Dielectric union needed on chrome MIP Sillcocks?

I'm installing frostproof sillcocks as part of a larger project to replace old galvanized with copper.

Do I need a dielectric union to connect copper to the chrome sillcocks' threaded connection? I've noticed in various plumbing books similar chromed fittings in bathroom fixtures connected directly to copper.

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
mrmjpeg

I put allot of sillcocks, flussomiters, other bathroom fixtures. Never once with a dielectric nipple or union. Now allot of these are made of brass with a chrome wrapper. most the time you put a MIP or Drop eared 90ty then a brass nipple. The MIP is back in the wall a couple inches then use the right size nipple to connect the Sillcock or what ever. The brass is supposed to be a neutral metal.

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

What the devil does allot mean?

Reply to
PanHandler

But how do you know it is brass? I suppose, being a modern fixture it would be made of a useful material that would ease installation. I suppose I'll go with the copper female fitting I'm already using and see if that passes inspection.

Thanks!

Reply to
MrMJPEG

The body is either brass or iron. You could use a magnet to check.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Whitney

I'll do that! If the magnet sticks I'll look in to a dielectric union. If it doesn't I'm good to go.

Reply to
MrMJPEG

speech) 2- to distribute by or as if by lot ( hotel rooms to members of the delegation) 3- More than you have put in

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

Oh, okay. In the context of your statement, shouldn't it have been 'a lot', as in many?

Reply to
PanHandler

Reply to
Sacramento Dave