Deoxit vs. RS tuner cleaner?

Went to Radio Crack today to pick up some Deoxit, they apparently have replaced it with a house brand tuner cleaner, anyone tried it? or should I order the real Deoxit online? Immediate application would be to clean up connections on a wiring harness on an old car that I will be installing within the next week or so, but I also have some old audio stuff kicking around that will eventually need cleaned up...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Hi, Test it first whichever you use. Somre attacks plastics.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I haven't tried the stuff in the store but I have to say that Deoxit - D5 is *the* stuff. I can't remember what the last can of stuff I had was, but 4-5 yrs ago somebody turned me on to Deoxit & I couldn't believe the difference. I can't understand why they have it *only* on the web.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

=3D=3D The banned freons worked the best...all the new cleaners are a piece of crap that shouldn't even be used as they impart stickiness and don't clean worth a hoot. =3D=3D

Reply to
Roy

Just be sure to choose the Radio Shack tuner cleaner made for _color_ TVs. :) They used to sell B&W and color versions, and I noticed no difference except price.

Reply to
do_not_spam_me

Oh my God, I remember the horror's of dealing with mechanical TV tuners. A friend of mine ran a TV tuner repair/rebuild franchise where TV shops sent tuners to be rebuilt. He had a couple of ultrasonic cleaning vats from hell that took all the gunk off anything dropped in them. The electronic supply houses back in the 1970's sold all sorts of different miracle TV tuner cleaners. It was a fun time back then. Quite often we would take a TV set out back and fog it with insecticide then watch the roaches run in all directions.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Then, check your air in your tires with a "Radial" tire gage.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've seen window AC full of roaches.

One elderly TV guy used to swear by WD-40 as tuner cleaner.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon