Dayton furnace problems

Could really use some help people.
I've got a Dayton furnace, installed about 2 years ago.
I'm not getting any ignition.
I took the cover off, turned the power on and watched the inside. There appears to be a mini-blower inside the unit on the upper left hand corner. That thing spins counter-clockwise like a champ for about 10 seconds and then shuts down.
The control board on the lower right corner is flashing a series of 4 dashes, then pause, then 4 dashes and that repeats. Gas appears ok to the box. I can't see and cracks in the line, nor smell any gas.
The filter was just changed, batteries replaced in the thermostat and can't see anything obviously wrong with the thermostat. I set thermostat on manual override so that it would kick in heat.......
No dice......
Any suggestions folks?
Any help sincerely appreciated.
Please reply to this group as I've masked my email address because of the incredible amounts of spam I get.
Thanks in advance..... Wayne
i don't know your furnace, but you can remove the silicone rubber tube and clean out the little flue fan suction male nipple with a paperclip. this might allow it to suck properly on the hose connected to the safety switch that makes sure the flue blower is blowing up the chimney. maybe you have a failed glow or spark igniter/sensor. the manual would be of great assistance. might be a free pdf file at the company's website if it's not with the furnace. search the internet, get model number off furnace and any other info from the manufacturer's plate.
snipped-for-privacy@frii.net wrote:

So what does the chart say (about the Code 4)? That's why they flash: To kind of give you an idea what the problem is....

Look at the owners manual and see what the 4 flashes mean. If you don't have an owners manual, find one online. If you can't find the info, check for an obstruction in the vent system. If you have a furnace with PVC that vents to ground level, go outside and check for an obstruction. Sometimes the protective screens can cause a problem. If you have metal vent pipe, take it apart and check for dirt, dead birds, etc.

just changed the filter? any interlock switches on this model?
just changed the filter? any interlock switches on this model?
Every gas furnace has any number of safety switches. What does the four flashes mean in your owners manual.

Wayne, Four flashes means: "Replace Furnace" however replace the thermostat too. Its almost always the thermostat. Bubba :-)