danby portable air conditioner

I just recently purchased a portable danby air conditioner model: DPAC9030

I'm curious if it is normal for the compressor to cycle on & off repeatedly during operation (the fan runs continuous). I haven't timed the on/off durations but it seems like it is on for roughly 1-2 minutes and then off for 1-2. It seems to be cooling things off pretty well, I just thought the compressor would stay on until the desired temperature was reached.

thanks in advance,

Randy

Reply to
randyvp

Hi,

Compressor is likely not going on and off, you are possibly hearing the water pump inside going on and off as it pumps the water created from the cooling process over the hot condensor coils.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Reply to
randyvp