danby portable air conditioner

I just recently purchased a portable danby air conditioner model: DPAC9030
I'm curious if it is normal for the compressor to cycle on & off repeatedly during operation (the fan runs continuous). I haven't timed the on/off durations but it seems like it is on for roughly 1-2 minutes and then off for 1-2. It seems to be cooling things off pretty well, I just thought the compressor would stay on until the desired temperature was reached.
thanks in advance,
Randy
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,
Compressor is likely not going on and off, you are possibly hearing the water pump inside going on and off as it pumps the water created from the cooling process over the hot condensor coils.
Thanks Jeff...you hit the nail on the head. I played around with it and set the temperature higher and you could then hear the compressor turn off. I then set the temperature lower, the compressor came on and then I could hear that pump turn on as well. (Don't tell my wife though because she was asking if it was the water pump after she read the manual :-o )