damn that Julie Bove!

Page 4 of 8
On Monday, October 6, 2014 8:32:43 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:

Snap-Caps.
Have a friend load your weapon so you do not know when to expect it. It is very good practice to see how you react.
On 10/06/2014 10:53 AM, Thomas wrote:

And it can be hysterical.
Had a friend years ago with a level action 30-30 that I could see the hammer move out the side of my eye as I pulled the trigger. I flinched four or five times before it fired. I could not hit the side of a mountain. Finally pulled out my M1911 and could nail everything at about 50 yards free standing. (My M1911 is very accurate and have a great trigger.)
Todd;3292645 Wrote: >

OK, I'm presuming that what you mean by that is that if there's no recoil of the gun when the trigger is pulled, then any movement of the barrel has to be due to the shooter flinching.
My understanding is that in the sport of skeet shooting, some people use special triggers called "release triggers". Unlike normal triggers, release triggers fire the gun when the trigger mechanism is released. That's supposedly to prevent the pulling of the trigger from causing flinching and subsequent movement of the shot gun barrel. I know that because I import stuff from the USA into Canada fairly frequently, and there was one guy I met at the Canada Border Services Office who was wanting to import a release trigger for competitive skeet shooting, and the border guard was having trouble finding the right B3 classification number for such a thing. I ended up talking to the guy, and he explained to me that it was a special kind of trigger that fired the gun when you released the trigger, not when you pulled it, and that was meant to minimize flinching, and hence improve his shooting accuracy. It was apparantly worth several hundred dollars.
--
nestork

On 10/05/2014 06:28 PM, nestork wrote:

Yup. It can be pretty historical. [braggart alert] I can see the fireball out my M1911 [/braggart alert]

Interesting. First I have heard of it. I wonder how much effect that would have on your accuracy?
On my M1911, the trigger pull is really heavy: around 9 lbs. But it has not travel, so it fires when you apply enough pressure, but you can't feel it move, so no flinching.
On 10/5/2014 9:28 PM, nestork wrote:

"Well, the gun didn't go off when I pulled the trigger. I'll just relax, it's not dangerous, swing around to chat with Joe, and take my finger off, and put the gun away."
BANG!
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 10/06/2014 05:17 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hi Stormin,
Swing around at me and I would tell you to get a new friend. Don't ever point a gun at anyone, loaded or otherwise. If you ever see two guys looking at each other's guns, watch how they always point them away from anyone, even when they know they are empty.
When a round doesn't go off, even when you think it shouldn't, such as a deliberate dud load, you keep your weapon pointed downrange for a bit, then eject the dud still pointing downrange, and then continue pointing downrange. Defective rounds have been know to delay fire. I have never come across one myself, but ...
I have had powder in my hair from el-cheap-o wad cutter reloads purchased from the range. Those your can really see the fireball before blinking. But even those have always fired. I will take no chances though.
-T
Todd wrote:

Why? Like automobile drivers I am wary of armed people until proven competent.
On 10/07/2014 07:03 AM, rbowman wrote:

Because no one is likely to act out when they know others can defend themselves. Look where all the mass shootings happen. They are always free shooting (gun free) zones. More guns, less crime. Exception: burglary when the premises are unattended.

Unless it has changed, in NC you can not carry concealed in a bank or credit union as per state law.
Not long ago you could not carry in a funeral procession, but this has been changed.

civilized? really? laws? How about the fact that it's our Constitutional *RIGHT* have you missed the beheadings, home invasions, carjackings, muggings, murders, assaults, road rage, rapes? let me guess, you're a cast member of that show Utopia, aren't ya?
Oren posted for all of us...
I may not have read all messages.

YES! +50 Also a CCW license should be valid in all 50.
--
Tekkie

On 10/08/2014 02:38 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

And I would add, remove all "reason to have" laws. If they can not prove you are a danger, then they must be given a time limit to issue.
On 10/8/2014 4:43 PM, Todd wrote:

Agreed, "Shall Issue" should be the rule of law. If one is unfit, prove it and deny. If you (government) can't articulate just cause to deny. Back off.

Do we have to beg the government for a permit for free speech? How about a permit for right not to self incriminate? How about a permit to refuse to quarter soldiers?
I suggest that the concept of needing a permit to exercise a Creator Endowed right is repugnant to the concept of freedom.
Carry openly or concealed, no permit needed.
On 10/09/2014 04:57 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hi Stormin, You are of course correct. The point that Unquestionably is making is reality of the current situation we are facing. Until the constitution is respected, this is a good first thrust. Time for the good guys to use the "Slippery Slope" for a change.
Did you see the Dredd Scott ruling I posted? Did you see where the supremes said that if you were a real man, you'd have to right to pack anywhere you pleased?
-T
On 10/8/2014 5:38 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Is a vehicle driver license valid in all 50?

Ask not for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_Whom_the_Bell_Tolls
--
Bobby G.

Cue theme to the "Twilight Zone."

Me too. Out of all the people in AHR to accuse of uncivil behavior (while commiting it, no less with such a nasty subject line) Julie would be at the bottom of my list. Welcome to Bizzaro World.
--
Bobby G.

On Sun, 5 Oct 2014 13:19:36 -0700 (PDT), BenDarrenBach

Well, I could tell you about the time I kicked my toilet with my leg, but no gun was involved and I don't work at a school.
Still, it's a good story.
About 4 years ago... There's the phone. I'll have to finish this later.
See, Julie.
All you have to do is change the subject to guns, which is a topic they're all keen to talk about, and they forget all about Julie Bove.
--
nestork