Cutting plastic with a band saw.

What would be better for cutting 1/16 and 1/8 inch plastic (lucite) with a band saw: a metal cutting blade which has 24 tpi, more than one needs to do a smooth job, or a wood cutting blade with 6 tpi, fewer than one needs I think to do a smooth job.
I don't know why, but I"m afraid the metal-cutting blade either won't cut or will overheat and melt the plastic; and that the coars wood blade with chip and crack the plastic.
I know I can just try this, but it's a pain to change blades, and I wanted to ask you guys anyhow.
a fine tooth plywood blade works great or buy a lucite cutting blade for the tablesaw
if you insist on the band saw.....the finer the teeth the better, the more teeth the better. so I guess from the blades you seem to have..........the metal 24 tpi works best. pull it apart after it melts together from the heat build up.

mm wrote:

Check the Lucite fabrication guide here: http://www.lucitecp.com/literature.asp Has what you need to know.
Frank

Thanks. And thanks to dachief, too.