Customer service is getting better?

"It seems as if everyone has a tale about Customer Service Hell. According to a new survey ... less than half (49%) of consumers worldwide say that they are “net satisfied” with the businesses they regularly interact with, including retailers, utilities, financial services, and pay TV, phone, and broadband providers.
The same survey, however, finds:
"In mature markets, switching due to poor service is also on the decline, dropping from 60 percent to 49 percent (the first time below 50 percent) during the same period. Furthermore, in conjunction with this global decline in switching due to poor service, consumers are generally somewhat more satisfied with many aspects of customer service this year, with three general service satisfaction characteristics measured increasing by at least 5 percentage points from last year."
http://business.time.com/2012/12/11/could-it-be-customer-service-is-supposedly-getting-better/#ixzz2FDZ9lyC0
Add pictures here
✖

I think the survey has found that we've given up. We will accept mediocre service as being good. Just like we accept self checkout and think it is a good thing. Hey, we pump our own gas and clean the table at the fast food joint.
I laugh when people discuss the good foods like twinkies versus Hostess cupcakes versus Dunkin' Donuts when they are all crap compared to what a real bakery can turn out.
Do you like getting hit on the head with a stick. Sure, this is much better than the hammer! I'll check the box that service has improved.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 4:37:36 AM UTC-8, HeyBub wrote:

I have seen a lot a improvement in courtesy and attentiveness since 2007 but not in knowledge and expertise. It’s amazing how much a little fear of unemployment will motivate people.
Add pictures here
✖