Critters are eating my house

Ants, beetles, mice and cockroaches , I can´t get rid of all the critters in my old house.

I´ve tried poison, traps, fire, nothing works.

Must I leave the house and the critters win ?

Reply to
Lester T. Linpord

Lester_t snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.in (Lester T. Linpord) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Yep, it's time to dig your own hole and crawl in it. The critters have won!

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

I did not see anything about removing their source of food. That generally should be the first step. As long as there is food and shelter, you can kill all you have and shortly there will be more moving in.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

In article , Lester_t snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.in says... :) Ants, beetles, mice and cockroaches , I can´t get rid of all the :) critters in my old house. :) :) I´ve tried poison, traps, fire, nothing works. :) :) Must I leave the house and the critters win ? :) Might be time to find someone to do it for you.

Lar

On 8 Feb 2004 00:56:35 -0800, Lester_t snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.in (Lester T. Linpord) scribbled this interesting note:

As mentioned, first find what they are eating and remove it. This usually means a very good cleaning everywhere. Next you need to establish a perimeter around the outside of the house with some kind of pesticide. I used to use diazonon (sp?) granules for this before it was discontinued. I'd make spread them completely around the house to a distance of about five to ten feet. If the particular house had a very bad bug problem then I'd use liquid diazonon to about twenty feet beyond that. The next step is to spot treat the kitchen and bath areas and then bug bomb the entire house; living space, attic, and crawl space.

After a process like this you can kill or chase off all you problem bugs. Rats and mice require poison and traps.

John Willis

You have nothing that a 5-gallon can of gasoline and a match won't fix.

Count yourself lucky that you don't have your mother-in-law living there, too. That's one critter you can't just kill without any worries.

AJS

Reply to
AJScott

That's nothin', you should see what a pack of squirrels can do to a house! About $50,000 worth of damage in just a couple years.

Try 72% Clordane solution. You may have to buy from a surplus house, as I think this substance has been taken off the market recently. It is very effective against insects. It gets injected into the ground every 4-5' along the foundation of the house. Wear full hazmat protection and don't get any on you.

-- Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

VIDEO PRODUCTION . FILM SCANNING . AUDIO RESTORATION Hear my Kurzweil Creations at:

sites at:

-
Reply to
Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

You might want to do some research on chlordane. It's nasty stuff with long-term effects that are harmful to humans and the environment. Here's one URL:

fatman985