Critters are eating my house

Ants, beetles, mice and cockroaches , I cant get rid of all the critters in my old house.
Ive tried poison, traps, fire, nothing works.
Must I leave the house and the critters win ?
Lester_t snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.in (Lester T. Linpord) wrote in

Yep, it's time to dig your own hole and crawl in it. The critters have won!
Lester T. Linpord wrote:

I did not see anything about removing their source of food. That generally should be the first step. As long as there is food and shelter, you can kill all you have and shortly there will be more moving in.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Lester_t snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.in says... :) Ants, beetles, mice and cockroaches , I cant get rid of all the :) critters in my old house. :) :) Ive tried poison, traps, fire, nothing works. :) :) Must I leave the house and the critters win ? :) Might be time to find someone to do it for you. http://www.ipconetwork.org/referral/referral.mv
--

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Sanitation is the first and BEST step in getting rid of pests. If the problem still persists, if in the US, go to your local LESCO dealer and tell them what your problem is and they will instruct you on what products you want to use. You could start with Bi-Monthly insecticides treatments around your foundation with something such as Diazinon (4EC if available, may need a license to purchase though) and maybe initially, do the whole yard as well as the foundation. Most Lawn Care company's offer this service too if you rather someone else do this for you (advisable). Request a "Flea and Tick" control and this should take care of the problem. As far as interior, set the appropriate traps and a do an insecticide bombing of the whole house, again you can get this stuff at LESCO or Lowes or someplace like that. The reason I mention LESCO is that they offer professional grade products there. If you have termites or other wood boring insects in your home, I believe since you, as a homeowner, are still able to get "Chlordane". (If not, there are other alternatives but Chlordane is just the best, but the most dangerous) Call around and see what you can find. What you would need to do is use this with a carrier, meaning that with a hand sprayer, mix the chemical with Vegetable oil or another type of non-smelling oil and spray all the affected surfaces in the basement. The insecticide is a water based chemical and the oil is what will "Carry" the pesticide into the wood to the pests. If you don't use some sort of organic oil and simply use water to mix it, once you spray it, the pesticide will simply stay on the surfaces and thus you will not get a good control.
Mice: They make a whole variety of things for control, traditional traps, glue traps, poisons, live traps, get a couple cats?
Cockroaches and Beetles: Again, sanitation is the answer, don't leave piles of cloths, newspapers and anything they could make a nest in and make sure to get rid of all crumbs and leftovers. Try to eliminate area's that are moist or hold moisture. After you have done your house cleaning, THEN set your Roach Motels out and poisons.
I cannot express to you the importance of doing these applications properly and mixed correctly for safely and effectiveness. AND again I would stress that it would probably be better to call in the professionals to rid yourself of the pests if you've exhausted all your efforts. Orkin, Rose, there's a ton of company's that specialize in this. If you still persist in doing it yourself, make some calls and talk to the pro's at least and ask them for the best plan of attack.
face=Arial size=2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>: Ants, beetles, mice and cockroaches , I cant get rid of all the<BR>: critters in my old house.<BR>: <BR>: Ive tried poison, traps, fire, nothing works.<BR>: <BR>: Must I leave the house and the critters win ?</FONT></BODY></HTML> ------=
On 8 Feb 2004 00:56:35 -0800, Lester_t snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.in (Lester T. Linpord) scribbled this interesting note:

As mentioned, first find what they are eating and remove it. This usually means a very good cleaning everywhere. Next you need to establish a perimeter around the outside of the house with some kind of pesticide. I used to use diazonon (sp?) granules for this before it was discontinued. I'd make spread them completely around the house to a distance of about five to ten feet. If the particular house had a very bad bug problem then I'd use liquid diazonon to about twenty feet beyond that. The next step is to spot treat the kitchen and bath areas and then bug bomb the entire house; living space, attic, and crawl space.
After a process like this you can kill or chase off all you problem bugs. Rats and mice require poison and traps.
Lester_t snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.in (Lester T. Linpord) wrote:

You have nothing that a 5-gallon can of gasoline and a match won't fix.
Count yourself lucky that you don't have your mother-in-law living there, too. That's one critter you can't just kill without any worries.
AJS

That's nothin', you should see what a pack of squirrels can do to a house! About $50,000 worth of damage in just a couple years.
Try 72% Clordane solution. You may have to buy from a surplus house, as I think this substance has been taken off the market recently. It is very effective against insects. It gets injected into the ground every 4-5' along the foundation of the house. Wear full hazmat protection and don't get any on you.
-- Take care,
Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
VIDEO PRODUCTION . FILM SCANNING . AUDIO RESTORATION Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm Business sites at: www.dv-clips.com www.mwcomms.com www.adventuresinanimemusic.com -
<snip>

You might want to do some research on chlordane. It's nasty stuff with long-term effects that are harmful to humans and the environment. Here's one URL: http://pops.gpa.unep.org/13chlo.htm#humans