Creaky floors and joists

Page 2 of 2

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

It depends on where the squeak is. If it's the wood flooring creeping on the subfloor or against each other it can be screwed from the reverse side. If it's the subfloor moving against the joists, there are brackets that fasten to the joists and pull the subfloor tight against the joists. Both assume access to the reverse side.
I just had all the carpet replaced in my house (150+yds.). Before the new carpet went down (I removed the old) I screwed the living $%|# out of the subfloor (about 1800 screws). There are also screws intended to go through carpeting without ripping it. With hardwood, anything from the top will show.
--
Keith