Craftsman 8.5 hp snowblower

Page 2 of 2
On 12/27/2013 5:48 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

kept the snow thrower all these years. Pining and gazing out the window, hoping for her prince.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
DerbyDad03 wrote:

I think the homeownershub website is not putting their sig line on messages anymore.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

a champ now.

has been resolved?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Friday, December 27, 2013 1:47:56 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

HOw is this Done?
On Friday, January 3, 2014 1:31:04 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

you get to that point, write again.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

CJ-
Enter your model number at the Sears Parts Direct web site. A manual may be available for download. With luck, it may have more details on valve adjustment.
A Craftsman model number consists of two or three digits, a decimal point, and several more digits. The first two or three digits determines the "source". Look for your engine's source code at <http://sears.pammar.net/maker.html to find who made it. With that information, you may be able to find service information from the manufacturer.
As I understand it, when the piston is at top-dead-center, one valve has closed and the other is about to open. There is a gap ("valve lash") between a push rod and the valve lifter mechanism, that can be adjusted by loosening a lock nut. You should set the gap with the engine cold.
Fred
Fred McKenzie wrote:

"On Sunday, April 8, '2007' 5:10:59 PM UTC-4, jasmin wrote:" the original message.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY