Cracks where the bathroom wal joins the sidewall + crack inside the bathroom

We are fnding Cracks (really expanding this winter) inside the bathroom shower (not a tub but a standup shower with tiles) wall and a corresponding crack on the outside where the bathroom joins the sidewall. The shower is on the second floor. the shower is right on top of the stairs leading to the second floor. The cracking seems like it is shearing off the sidewall. Really appreciate the input. I don't even know who I need to call to take a look. A bathroom remodelor? A home contractor?

Thanks in advance

------------------------------------- /^-----^\ V o o V | Y | \ Q / / - \ | \ | \ ) || (___\====

Reply to
geoenvy

The Canadian TV show Holmes on Homes frequently mentions as inevitable that, over time, shower stall exterior and interior walls move relative to each other. Grout is rigid, so a grouted corner will crack sooner or later. Holmes recommends instead a bead of (flexible) silicone all down the corner.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

And if you want some specific advice, I'd suggest posting a link to pics that are available. Without even a pic, hard to give much in the way of advice.

Reply to
trader4

Take some pictures, post them to one of the free web hosting sites, post the link to your photos back here, and we'll be able to see what's what.

I'm glad he invented silicone caulk. Where would we be without him? ;)

RicodJour