Cost of Concrete

Can anyone give me a ball park cost for a yard of concrete? Does the price per yard go down as the yardage goes up? My project will take about 68 yards.
Thanks __________________ Bill Waller New Eagle, PA
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
Bill Waller wrote:

Using Google as "pennsylvania+concrete+price" yields, for a common variety:
12+ yards, $101.00/yard plus tax from Hartzle's Concrete.
This is a LOT of concrete (6 - 8 truck loads). Are you sure you've got your figures honed to perfection?

Maybe it's just a small patio, but he knows he's not very good at it.

Why not ask your local dealer? At 68 yard you'll be getting the best price. Hope you have a lot of help lined up. Pricing also takes into account how it must be delivered. Just a dump? Pump? What mix?
Where are you pouring this runway?
A cubic yard is L*w*d= /27 assuming the measurements are in feet or a fraction thereof.
1foot*27foot*1foot = 27 /27 = 1 cubic yard
The first 3 yards (here) cost more because of the haul charge and the price per yard is less after that.
--
Colbyt
Colbyt wrote:

Maybe it's a sidewalk:
1/3 foot deep (4") x 3' wide x 27' long = 1 cubic yard.
68 yards x 27' = 1,836 feet.
$100 here in KC, Bill. More for a short (less than 9 yds) load.
for 68 yards , you should get a deal.

Thanks for the input. The project is the replacement of a 310', plus large parking area driveway. The total area is 5550 sq. ft. On top of that, I am considering having the front staircase redone plus a small slab for an outdoor shower.
...and no, I am NOT going to do it myself. I plan on going out for bids this week. __________________ Bill Waller New Eagle, PA
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

The answer to your question is at the other end of your phone and it will be accurate for your area. Ask the local pre-mix or talk to the contractor. Any figure given here will not be what you pay there whereever it is.
Harry K