Cordless drill recommendations

I am looking for recommendations for a lithium ion cordless drill.

Looking for reliability and ones whose batteries last years ??

Thanks, And

Reply to
Andy

...even Milwaukee is made in China so I bought a Ryobi (better model with a gearbox) and I can recommend it. 18V, light weight, and holds a charge a long time.

Reply to
Bob_Villa

I have tried Makita, Dewalt and Milwaukee but this is what I use now:

recyclebinned

I have a lot of Bosch. Love 'em all.

** Lonesome Dove
Reply to
Lonesome Dove

I have 2 Bosch drills, a 14.4 volt 1/2" (NiCad) and the 12 volt 3/8" (Lion) mini. The 14.4 volt is a workhorse. It has so much power, I rarely need a corded drill. But, as I have aged, it seems to get heavier. So, my grab and go drill is now the 12 volt mini for most projects. I'm really surprised at how much power it has and how long the relatively small batteries last, before charging.

Reply to
Art Todesco

IMO, little difference amongst the better brands. I've used PC, Panasonic (my favorite), DeWalt, Bosch, Ryobi

Buy what you need and not a larger, heavier drill that will be harder to use for simple chores. Most homeowners only need a 14V for 99.5% of the hobs they do.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Most homeowners can do well with a 120v electric and an extension cord. I do.

Reply to
Vic Smith

Not a drill, per se, but can be used as drill.

Rockwell 3Rill, with LIFETIME warrantee on batteries

Shape and weight are perfect. Has Forward/Reverse, variable speed, variable torque, chuck for anything, has sockets, screw drivers, drills, wood chippers, etc

Get the whole tool set, comes with two batteries - recharges flat battery, less than an hour, have never run out of power, worth it.

Reply to
RobertMacy

I bought a Makita 18v at Costco for $70 with 2 batteries and a fast charger. I am a few months into it, using it a lot and I am happy

Reply to
gfretwell

I have a Black & Decker 12 volt cordless I bought at Grainger in 1993 and have replaced the batteries once. The drill is identical to the Dewalt 12 volt cordless except it's black not yellow. The drill was manufactured before the Black & Decker drills became the cheap consumer drills and the heavier duty drills turned into Dewalt. I had to repair the charger when an inductor came loose from the circuit board because of the pounding it received bouncing around in the truck but other than replacing batteries, that's been the only trouble I've had with it and it's received a lot of use. I suppose the only thing I can tell you about which cordless tool to purchase, is to look for quality, take good care of the beast and never, never loan it out. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Bosch

Reply to
ChairMan

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Oren belched:

try

good prices and $1.99 delivery

Reply to
ChairMan

Festool CXS. Amazing tool.

Reply to
mcp6453

But it does not take 3/8" bits for $250.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

with primacell ya gotta pay shipping both ways which adds $$, last time I checked it was like 15 bucks a battery I've used batterydepot a couple of times and so far so good. I'm getting ready to order a battery for my old 14.4 Milwakee hammer drill thats been down for a while and I sure miss it. I don't think you'll like the difference between the Rockwell after using Bosch for so many years ymmv

also watch CPO Tools, they have some great deals sometimes. i picked up a 18v milwakee impact driver for 75 bucks with no battery, but I've got 3 18v batteries so it worked out great

Reply to
ChairMan