Congress may flip switch on CFLs

Page 2 of 2
Smitty Two wrote:

Are you as certain about that as you are that I post many, many off-topic posts?
I counted those for you, let me count the ones involving CFLs.
There have been ((at least) 76 messages involving CFLs on this newsgroup since Sept 1st.
You've been busted again.
Smitty Two wrote:

It's funny, people *try* to offend you, and it slides off you like the truth off the brain of a republican. Then I make some observations that were in *no way* meant to offend, and you get all worked up and feel insulted.
Let's review the facts, again:
1. You claimed that you NEVER started an off topic thread.
2. This claim struck me as absolutely ludicrous, and I stated as such.
3. You challenged me to point to a SINGLE off-topic thread that you started.
4. The next day, you started another off-topic thread, and I made note of it.
5. You call me busted.
I don't dislike you, although I disagree with your political views and just about every other view you have. But you sure are one twisted up dude when it comes to reason and logic.
--
That's not the way I remembered it.

I said "I NEVER start off-topic threads (well, maybe once or twice, but they
In typed:

IF that's the case, you don't belong on usenet or any un-monitored group. To even respond to trollish posts inviting responses is to lower yourself to the same level. There appears to be 4 trollers and 9 ignorants of newsgroup ways. Either get a thicker skin or find another sandbox.

Smitty cannot offend. All he can do is argue. Not only is he never wrong, he's always right. You cannot convince him with facts because his mind is already made up. His experience is the only valid experience - If he has not seen it (or even recognized it when he has seen it), it cannot be so.
Unlike Smitty I reserve the right to become smarter. There is an old saying,
The wise man learns from other men's mistakes, The average man learns from his own mistakes, The fool never learns, because he never makes mistakes.
and
He who never makes mistakes has never accomplished anything of worth.
I know I'll get feedback from Smitty, but so what.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Yeah, you're right. I gave him every chance to mend the error of his ways... Some folks are just intransigent.
Oh well.