Condensate pump wiring

Page 2 of 2
So, if I twist the 24v commons from the humidifier and the outside unit together, and run them thru the switch to the C terminal, it would work? If the loads are truly isolated and not bonded to ground somewhere in the humidifer or condenser, I can see no reason why it would not. Thanks. I dont have an RC or RH terminal.
--
Rick

"HvacTech2" < snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net> wrote in message
Correct.

Rick, tell em the whole story...
Your local Rheem tech is a moron.

Yo, CBHvac, you're out of your hostile environment here. Slink back to your alt. hvac shithole where you and your buddies all seem to enjoy flaming the "homemoaner's" and your colleague's "professionally trained" butts with insults instead of offering your valuable opinion. At least this group tries to be helpful, unlike what my thread experienced there. Who do you suggest I call that would be willing to visit and clean up this oversight... the Trane guy? How about the Maytag repairman? He could probably figure it out.
--
Rick

"CBHvac" < snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com> wrote in message
I've wondered in my quiet moments how CBH manages to stay in business? I mean, in the couple years I was on alt.hvac he was consistently rude. Does anyone else wonder?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

No, why???
He knows his shit!! Unlike most in the trade.
The knowledgeable always have work fixing the equipment screwed by hacks!!
That's why the competent HVAC techs are in HIGH DEMAND!
-- kjpro _-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>
( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail
Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!
I misread your post thinking you wanted the furnace shut off
Well, from what I read of this snarl, it sounds like you don't want the humidifier draining water into the condensate pump if the funace is dead, and the house is cold.
On the humidifiers I've wired, the water valve is controlled in part by the blower fan of the furnace. So, if the furnace isn't running, the humidifier won't get any water. In short, it's a non issue. If the furnace isn't warm, it won't be blowing. If it's not blowing, the water won't be flowing.
You can switch the AC, if you want. That's easy enough. But I wouldn't bother to leave the central AC turned on if I wasn't home. Another non issue.
Have I been a bit reassuring? Hope so!
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus