Concealed screw mounting systems

Most under-cabinet lights, power strips and many other devices use a concealed screw mounting system that has a round hole and one or more slots. I find this system VERY hard to use. I have to make a template so that I can get the screws in the right place. Since I do not have x-ray vision it is difficult to get the device on the screws and if it is wiggled a little bit it will fall off the screws. My power strips often fall off the wall when I unplug something with a tight plug.
Why do they use this system? I would MUCH rather have a flange with a screw hole in it so that I could just drive a drywall screw in with my cordless drill. Is there a special type of screw that would hold these things better? (I want something that can be driven easily with a cordless drill.) Thank you in advance for all replies.
Daniel Prince wrote:

If stuff falls off it is because the screws aren't deep enough. When you put the device entrance holes over the screws it should take a bit of a push to shove the slots down under the heads.
dadiOH's dandies v3.05... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
Your screws are not tight enough to keep the things - strips , in place when you pull on them to remove or switch plugs.
Keep the 6 " screws tight in your scull with a Screwgun and give the KITTY to a shelter. You deserve nothing.