coiled garden hoses any good?

I need to replace the old garden hose in the front yard. I saw an infomercial on some new-fangled hose that comes already coiled and springs back into the coil when you release the end of the hose. Are they any good? Are they as durable and reliable as the usual garden hoses? Thanks.
Generally no. Most are smaller than normal and will carry less water, they also can kink etc. but that depends on their quality, most I have seen are not good quality. They are good for watering a few hanging plants and alike however.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Save your money and buy a quality garden hose and hose reel.
My wife has been using one (purchased at BJ's) for two years to water plant on the deck.
Great for that; I doubt it has the capacity for much more.
quoting:

Generally, anything "as seen on tv" is trash.
Lets not forget any commercial that adds "BUT WAIT! Call in the next 15 minutes....."
However, I just reread this post. Is this one of the flat hoses, or a real hose that just happens to be on a spring loaded hose reel? Got me a little curious....

springs
good?
My wife actually purchased one a couple of months ago... she purchased it to replace the second Roll a Hose that had busted at the seams. It's not as bad as the Roll a Hose but on the next trip to Lowes I will be buying a 'regular' garden hose. This one simply isn't long enough and is losing its spring.
David Wolfenbarger ---------- snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (JM) wrote...

good?
On 17 Jul 2003 13:15:32 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comspamfree (Zemedelec) wrote:

Spend the money to buy good rubber hoses. I like Craftsman, since they will replace it if it or a fitting fails. It costs a little more, but you appreciate the rubber with every use and never pay to replace them again (unless you get stupid and run over one with a lawn mower ...ahem)
Bob