Coax Jack Covers

Hey, Does anybody know if they make Coax Jack covers that have 3 ports? I can't find them anywhere on the web.
If not, how hard is it to put a new box and jack into an existing wall (sheetrock)?
Thanks a lot!

I've only seen them with 2 ports, but I haven't looked.
http://www.futurehomesystems.com/w300.shtml seems to have a system where you can get up to 6 ports.
If the new box can go right next to the current box, it should be pretty simple.
mike wrote:

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by "Coax Jack covers". It sounds just like you want something to cover the jacks to keep something out but that doesn't make much sense unless they are installed outside in the rain or something.
Or did you want a wall plate that has three coax connections? That is way easier. For example you could use one of these: http://www.twacomm.com/catalog/model_2-2503.htm?sidZC8B699060B099E0681AFC0C7C62DC3
with three F-type connectors inserted. Or you can pick your own combination of F-type, data, phone, fiber since these faceplates (and similar ones from other makers) come with up to six holes in a single plate but things start to get really really crowded and hard to work with even with an oversized deep box with that many connectors.
BTW: any semi-decent commercial electronic distributor will have these or a similar product from another maker in stock. They are used for telephone and data wiring and virtually every office building is full of them.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

You mean like this:
http://www.levitonproducts.com/catalog/model_41643.htm?sid \68D46CACD2BC89FC01C3B14411AB95&pid08
mike wrote:

I don't think they exist, either. Adding a box isn't hard, and in fact you can get coax plates that don't even require a box; they use anchors and screw into the drywall; all you need is the hole for the coax to come through. That said, is there a reason you can't just put a splitter on one of the existing coax connections? Other than the inherent 'looks ugly' factor?
Yours aye, W. Underhill
--
"Take sides! Always take sides! You may sometimes be wrong - but the man
who refuses to take sides must *always* be wrong! Heaven save us from

I think this is what you want.
http://www.rpelectronics.com/Default.asp?Main=/English/OnlineCat.asp?Menu=/English/Content/Categories/CatM_29.asp%26Detail=/English/Content/Divisions/Div_29_100.asp
Google for "3-F" wall jack and you'll find more (put quotes around 3-F)

Oops. That should be "3-F" wall plate

I don't know if they make them but you could make one. Just get a blank wall plate, drill 3 holes and each of them put in a female-female connection. Some plastic plates might have ribs in the back, although I don't know if they would be in your way.
Hmmm. I'm only dealing with the 3 and Jack. Not sure what you mean by Jack *cover*.

And you don't need a box for cable or phone stuff.

Or get a one-holer, and drill 2 more holes.
Bob
This places sells a plate with 1,2, or 4 F-connectors, but you need a double gang box...
http://www.avsupplystore.com/wall-plates-rf--cable-tv-f-connector----wall-plates.html
Smarty

BTW, do you have 3 cables coming into the box, or is it just 1 cable you hope to split 3 ways?
These guys will have what ever you need. ( and some things you don't need <G>) http://cyberxlink.com / Also, for a coax jack, don't bother with the box, just mount the cover plate on the wall with sheetrock anchors.
--
Steve Barker

"mike" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
Start with these: http://www.cyberxlink.com/index.php/cPath/65?osCsid de0acbd3038ffb9e87559d56f4e80b