clunking from fridge

Our Kenmore side-by-side refrigerator has always clunked when the compressor shuts off. Recently, I pulled it out and tightened the motor mounts, which were only slightly loose--I was only able to give the bolts a turn of about half of one flat (one-twelfth turn?). The anti-vibration washers look a little funky, but I'm not sure how they should look. The result of this seems to be that it now does more of a "ch-ch-ch-chunk" sound, sort of like a dieseling gas engine, when it stops. Any ideas?

There are some internal springs on the compressor. Once broken, they are not easily repaired since the compressor is a sealed unit. May go on for many years with the clunk, could die tomorrow. Those motor mounts should have been left alone so it could float a bit.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Thanks for the info--I thought it might be something like that. Now if it's just die sometime when I have some money...