clothes dryer not hot

Page 2 of 2

Usually not for the element and all that.
--
Steve Barker

<Bill snipped-for-privacy@home.com> wrote in message
On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 09:35:23 -0600, "Steve Barker"

The problem with mine turned out to be a bad switch, which was built in to the motor (which was running).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
badgolferman wrote:

It's set on "Air" instead of "Heat?"

Two of the dryers I have repaired have the same problem. The dryer runs but no heat. It turned out one phase of the 220v to the dryer has broken. The connector was corroded. So go buy a part ~ $1 and reconnect the phase. Kent

Actually there are several wires in a dryer that can burn off and create this condition. Check all the wires and their connections looking for loose or burnt wires. One of the 220 leads burning off is pretty common. Then the element.

First, make sure the vent isn't clogged with lint. A clogged vent will still allow the dryer run, but it won't heat up.
On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 10:05:03 -0500, "badgolferman"

I had that trouble with a new dryer, and so called the store. They told me to check the electric supply. Check for 240V between the hot wires as well as 120V between either and neutral. Also, check that the exhaust isn't blocked.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
badgolferman wrote:

In addition to the fact that it is likely a cheap and easy fix, a DIY for many people, you may find that it works much better than it has for years. You may have been running on half power 120V for some time.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit