Closet lock and standard lock

I need to replace my closet lock and saw this unit for sale in a hardware store...but it did not say closet lock on it. It said standard lock..which would fit any door thats miminum 1' 3/8 thick. That is the thickness of my closet door...but I hesitated because it did not say for closet...anyone know if it would be alright for my closet. Oh yes, it has a key slot, which I do not need for my closet...although I would think that should not be a concern.
Noel wrote:

A closet "lock" has no way to be locked. This is to prevent anyone getting "locked in" a closet by accident. Anything with a key or latch should not be used on a closet door.

Says who? You just don't use the key...

Or you could put the part that uses a key on the OUTSIDE. Then someone inside can just turn the knob to get out.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

I always thought a closet lock just meant that the "inside" knob was just a little handle, like the knob on a deadbolt, rather then a full sized handle. Whether it locks or not would depend on whether you wanted to be able to lock the closet door.