Clogged dishwasher drain hose: Thanks for all your help!

A while back,

I had asked folks here for some advice about unclogging my dishwasher drain hose. Your advice was very helpful, thanks.

Frankly, the TSP did not clear the clog by itself. I followed your other suggestions, disconnected the drain hose from the disposal as you explained how to do, and reamed it out with a mini-snake. Then a wash cycle with TSP managed to flush out the rest of the gunk.

It was a real chamber of horrors in there. Smelly and moldy. I had to wear a mask.

And since then, I've found other great uses for TSP. It's really a great cleaning aid.

Reply to
Steven L.

Please be careful who you tell. TSP was outlawed for laundry detergents. It's no longer legal to put a couple tablespoons of TSP in with your laundry, along with the detergent. In some states, it's no longer legal to use in dish washers along with the detergent.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon