Cleaning vinyl sideing?

I have white vinyl siding on my house that has a lot of small black "dots" ,I cant seem to clean them off,they are hard like dried up tar,cant figure out where there coming from ,they have to be airborne,and there only on one corner of the house.Would a pressure washer work ?I was thinking of getting a pressure washer for general use around the house anyway,does anybody know what size would be good,I see these small electric ones ,1650 psi for 150.00 at Home Depot,or are they waste of money ? Thanks in advance.
Artillery or Shotgun Fungus? http://plantclinic.cornell.edu/FactSheets/artfungus/artilleryfungus.htm
If so, its normally associated with organic mulch spread around the landscaping near the house.
There are numerous other sites with information on cleaning this. Pressure Washing isnt usually recommended due to damaging the siding
dickm

problems. I use a small electric one like you describe ( 1200 psi) with the pressure turned down and the spray nozzle "fanned" out. I see similar conditions on my siding to what you describe and this cleaning procedure seems to address the problem adequately. I have a one story house that I pressure wash from a step ladder and always spray in a downward direction so as not to force water behind the siding.

Do you have any hardwood mulch? Do a Google Search for artillery fungus. If that's it, forget the pressure washer, kerosine, etc.
I have white vinyl on my house and I have some spots in my case it s spider shit.
I have a 2600lb power washer it take off the top layer of crud, I use some soft scrub on a rag and some Clorox -Clean Up in a spray bottle,bought from the store. Spray a little on the stain, let if evaporate and it cleans it up.
The cheap 1650psi washers are ok for washing off the driveway or the lawn mower, not much more than that! I think I spent about $400 for mine.
Tom

Can you wash your neighbors house and recover some of your cost?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

The Husky 1750 electric power washer costs $135 at HD. I have the older Husky 1650 (was $170), and for general power cleaning, it cleans as well as the gas powered 2250 Generac I also have, unless you want to carve your name into the wood deck with it like you can with the gas powered one at full blast.

Try a rag and kerosene. Pressure washers could damage siding.

This is the second poster to mention damage to vinyl siding caused by pressure washers. What type of damage. I have been washing vinyl houses for years and have never seen any damage. Wood siding will damage really easy and paint can be blown off aluminum but have never seen any problem with vinyl.