Cleaning dirty hands

I broke my best fingernai/fingerprintl/wrinkle brush, and the other one has bristles on both sides, one side stiffer than the other. After a while, it's not comfortable to rake the stiff bristles over my tender fingers.

But I had this old car washing brush. They probably still sell them. It's shaped like a rowboat, rounded at the front but coming to a point. Flat at the back. This one is red with whilte bristles.

I guess it's meant to not scratch the car's paint -- Are you really allowed to use a brush on the paint? -- but it works well on my hands, even without soap, getting all the oil etc. of my fingerprintes and the wrinkles on the top of my knuckles. And it's much bigger too, so it goes faster. It works even better than the broken briush did.

Reply to
micky

I use those plastic pot scrubber things... not the Scotchbrite type, but the multi colored ones that are a rolled up tube of plastic mesh... and are about the size of a rounded off thick hockey puck. They usually come like 3 to a bag... and the dollar store cheap ones are by far best for hand/arm use. These are the same scrubbers most people dislike for dish use, as food particles often become trapped within them...

Unroll before use... some are so long they require cutting in two, but try them a little before cutting.

They're great... you can bear down and scrub hard as you want without bristles flexing, and form/fold into most any shape necessary. If not lost they last years in hand/arm use... but brushes are still necessary for around and under nails...

Another trick... if your project doesn't involve water... is to lather up your hands and arms before getting dirty, and work in said lather till dry. Scrape it under your nails too. Clean up will be MUCH easier. Better suited to smaller, shorter projects in my experience... and as always, your mileage may vary...

Erik

Reply to
Erik

Buy some handcleaner.

nb

Reply to
notbob

I haven't needed one for a very long number of years, but when I worked on cars I had a surgeons hand brush. In those years they were available at medical supply houses. If still available they are ideal for the job. JoeG

Reply to
GROVER

I do not use gloves even for wood stain. I use Fast Orange cleaner. Easy on hands and removes stain, paint etc. If I need to clean under finger nails I clean with the Fast Orange and an old tooth brush. Most hardware stores, Home Depot and WalMart carry it. WW

Reply to
WW

Toothbrush is great, and almost everyone has an old toothbrush or 2 or

3vor----.
Reply to
hrhofmann

"WW" wrote

For some reason, occasionally, I will find toothbrushes at yard sales, new in packages, and CHEAP. I buy lots, and always seem to run out. They are handy for lots of things, and at a nickel or dime each, disposable.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?

Heart Surgery Survival Guide

Reply to