clay smell in long stored clean clothes

I am suspecting it is from plastic fumes used in the storage materian but a biochemist chum insists it is a benign fungus. I had some clothes stored in a plastic bag for a year that smelled this way. THen I found stuff in plastic drawers smells the same way. But the real surprises was "breather" non-woven bag with clear see-thru windows. All stored a year or two and all smell like clay.
                 - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist          http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]
On Jun 17, 7:36pm, snipped-for-privacy@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:

so have you tried fabreze or laundry?