Circuit breakers and breaker box

Page 2 of 2

I will but it will be tomorrow. I don't recall seeing the name on the breakers but I'll look more closely at both the panel and breakers. thanks again.

*It looks like a Cutler-Hammer "BR" panel.
Look around the edges, and inside the door.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Look around the edges, and inside the door.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Last, thanks to all for your replies.

Yes
408.36(D) Back-Fed Devices. Plug-in-type overcurrent protection devices or plug-in type main lug assemblies that are backfed and used to terminate field-installed ungrounded supply conductors shall be secured in place by an additional fastener that requires other than a pull to release the device from the mounting means on the panel.
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:47:51 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

When I look back, your past posts all said the same thing and thank you for the info. I guess this panel now is all up to code and all is working fine as of this morning. Thank you a lot.

*In the left column in the seventh box down below the "Eaton - Cutler-Hammer" name it gives the screw part number and says that it is required. Time to move on. All is well here.
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:05:35 -0400, "John Grabowski"

Gosh, you read better than me and I took the picture. Doesn't say much for me. Thanks again <grin>.
Observer wrote:

Does look weird. I'd visit the website of the breaker-box manufacturer or call their customer service department to see what they recommend. I assure you they don't want to be named in a lawsuit should your house burn down and everybody, including your fish, die.
Hint: If you hear a gasp, you'll know.