Circuit Breaker Panel Question

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 19:22:04 -0600, "S. Barker"

No it isn't. This season was celebrated much earlier than that event which probably happened at a different time of year (if it happened at all).

Mark Lloyd
Mark Lloyd wrote: ...

There's no question of the event--too much historical evidence outside the religious writings alone. What you choose to make of it is an entirely different matter.

Anywhere besides someone's imagination?

Choice has nothing at all to do with it. I have always had the ability to recognize BS.

Mark Lloyd
Mark Lloyd wrote:

Roman history amongst others...

Do you have any specific references for that? Something someone could check out?

Mark Lloyd
Mark Lloyd wrote:

It's been a long time since university days (as in 30-40 yrs or so), so no, I don't have any otomh reference works I could accurately write guaranteed correctly citeable citations down for, no...I'll only say the correlation between various writings, events, etc., are enough to pretty much make it clear there was a person, Herod _was_ administrator from Rome, etc., etc., etc., ...
What one makes of that is open to interpretation...
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:51:35 -0600, Mark Lloyd
Question:

History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire Volume 1 by Gibbon
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/890 or
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/731
Of course, you also need to read Volumes 2 & 3.

I saved that to read later. Any specific sections you recommend?

Mark Lloyd
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 07:58:20 -0600, Mark Lloyd
Question:

No. Just start at page 1. Seriously, it's not only facinating history, but Gibbon's style of writting is beautiful. It has a ticking clock-like cadence that makes it almost poetry to read. The entire 3000 pages are a joy. I read the paper-books twice (once in college many years ago and once again about 10-years ago).
Here's a quote from the first paragraph of the first chapter:
===== start quote ======= In the second century of the Christian ra, the empire of Rome comprehended the fairest part of the earth, and the most civilized portion of mankind. The frontiers of that extensive monarchy were guarded by ancient renown and disciplined valor. The gentle but powerful influence of laws and manners had gradually cemented the union of the provinces. Their peaceful inhabitants enjoyed and abused the advantages of wealth and luxury. The image of a free constitution was preserved with decent reverence: the Roman senate appeared to possess the sovereign authority, and devolved on the emperors all the executive powers of government.
=== end quote ========= If you can't get a hard copy, I reccomend the html version.

One maigt argue that any written history would have to include Christ to make it through the 14th and 15th century without being burned.
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:03:21 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote Re Re: Circuit Breaker Panel Question:

One might also argue that you are an ass hole.

An inquisition denier I suppose?
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:34:39 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote Re Re: Circuit Breaker Panel Question:

Not at all. I am aware of de Torquemada and his place in history.
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:03:21 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Which probably has a lot to do with historical writings being biased. The correct ones often didn't survive.

Mark Lloyd
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:47:14 -0600, Mark Lloyd

The victors always get to write the history
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 14:04:42 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

True. Even if the vanquished could have done a better job of it.

Mark Lloyd

I now have all 6 volumes saved on my hard disk, which I do intend to read when I have time.

Mark Lloyd
blah blah blah. You really should go to church and believe the truth. You'd save a bunch of rhetoric bs you spew.

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:08:33 -0600, "S. Barker"

All I can say about that is, LOL, seriously.

Mark Lloyd