Cigaratte-lighter-like Butane hobby wood burner repair

I've searched but can find nothing on a butane wood burner which needs a repair.
The unit holds interchangeable metal letters above two butane jets, in a small, cigarette-lighter-like body. The jets heat the metal letter to red hot, then can be used to brand wood, etc. The body is red plastic with a flint to light the butane, and a removable grilled metal protector on the top. It's about 2 1/2" high x 1 1/4" wide x 3/4" deep, marked "Fire print", "made in W. Germany." At least 16 years old.
There's a black, plastic-looking material which is part of the top of a metal cap, which covers one of the butane nozzles. The cap is supposed to stop butane from flowing when the trigger is released. But, the plastic part has a small hole in it.
If anyone can suggest a newsgroup where I could get help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
- Dugie
Checked by AVG anti-virus system ( ).