"Check Bulb" Warning Light

Just like those "Check Engine" warning lights in your car, the new CFL lightbulbs produced beginning April 1, 2012 come equipped with a "Check Bulb" warning light. When the bulb reaches a certain amount of hours of usage (which will be read by circuits internal to the bulb), you will be required to take the bulb to a service center and have the florescent coating replaced, and the electronics tested, and reset to zero hours of use. There will be a $10 fee for each bulb regardless of size or wattage. If the consumer ignores the warning light, for more than 50 usage hours, a notification will be sent to their electric supplier by the circuits within the bulb. The electric utility will then warn the consumer that they have seven days to rectify the problem, or their electricity will be disconnected.
On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 05:48:39 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@toyotamail.com wrote:

I never replace carpets, lights or paint interior of houses. When that need arises, I just buy a new house in it's place. No worry.

It's April 17, not April 1. Bob-tx
Don't worry. There is already a hack on Youtube, you can reset your own check bulb light. It's easy to do, and doesn't cost you the mandated federal fees. Reset devices are already being made in Hong Kong, and are available on Ebay.
Just like those "Check Engine" warning lights in your car, the new CFL lightbulbs produced beginning April 1, 2012 come equipped with a "Check Bulb" warning light. When the bulb reaches a certain amount of hours of usage (which will be read by circuits internal to the bulb), you will be required to take the bulb to a service center and have the florescent coating replaced, and the electronics tested, and reset to zero hours of use. There will be a $10 fee for each bulb regardless of size or wattage. If the consumer ignores the warning light, for more than 50 usage hours, a notification will be sent to their electric supplier by the circuits within the bulb. The electric utility will then warn the consumer that they have seven days to rectify the problem, or their electricity will be disconnected.
On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 08:16:52 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

There's a micro-USB connector on the latest bulbs; you can connect them to your PC and tweak the settings - although there's a high chance of 'bricking' the bulb in the process. It's best to have a few incandescents handy, just in case.
Make sure your antivirus is up to date. In case the bulb has a trojan, that shuts your computer down if you do too much processing.
On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 08:16:52 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

There's a micro-USB connector on the latest bulbs; you can connect them to your PC and tweak the settings - although there's a high chance of 'bricking' the bulb in the process. It's best to have a few incandescents handy, just in case.

I heard you can root* the bulbs.
Of course if its an Apple bulb it will never get to this point because they have their customers brain washed so that every 6 month when a new bulb comes out they have to buy it. :-)
* Android term.
Or, you can turn off the power and reboot ** the bulb.
** Windows term.
I heard you can root* the bulbs.
Of course if its an Apple bulb it will never get to this point because they have their customers brain washed so that every 6 month when a new bulb comes out they have to buy it. :-)
* Android term.
On 4/17/2012 10:18 PM, Cliff Hartle wrote:

Is iBulb 5 out yet? I hated iBulb 4s, Siri keep suggesting that I loose weight every time I get out of the shower. My Wife turns off the iBulb during Sex, because Siri keep tell her what she is doing wrong......

You've got the bulb type wrong. It's the LED bulbs that require rejuvenation. CFLs aren't worth the effort. I've already changed my will to leave my LED bulbs to my kids because, once they're reset, they'll last longer than I will.
Tomsic