changed kitchen faucet, now hot water hammers

Hi all - I've searched this forum and found out enough to realize that the pipes are hammering, but couldn't find an application that was similar to mine. I recently had new counter tops, sink and faucet replaced in the kitchen. I did the plumbing myself. I've replaced many faucet's before and found this to be pretty routine, except there's a dishwasher and a garbage disposal to deal with too. I had no problems doing all this (back in late March), but within the past few weeks, I've noticed that the hot water pipes hammer when I turn off the faucet in the kitchen or the dishwasher runs. It does not happen with the cold water. Did I inadvertently do something? How do I correct this problem? It does not happen with any other faucet in the house.
Thanks in advance for your help!
NAL
NAL wrote:

Since it happens when the dishwasher runs (supply valve closes presumably), the faucet is not at fault. Check for loose piping of course.
I don't often advocate them willy-nilly, but I think this is a good case for a water hammer arrestor.
Make one or buy a commercial unit: http://www.plumbingsupply.com/waterhammerarresters.html http://www.siouxchief.com/B_Products_Prods.cfm?ID5
Jim

Thanks Jim, but it seems odd that it started after changing the faucet; I didn't touch the water line to the dishwasher. Guess I was hoping for something that I did to explain it! :-)
NAL